1) Participation in News Engagement Day 2015 Spanned the Globe
50 States, seven countries, and four continents participated in News Engagement Day 2015.
2) #NewsEngagementDay Connected News Engagement Day Activities
#NewsEngagementDay trended as participants across the country shared news stories, NED activities, and personal feelings about news.
3) University of Maryland Students Made News History Come to Life
The University of Maryland organized several News Engagement Day events on campus, which included an outdoor exhibit featuring vintage typewriters and other news memorabilia.
4) Media Professionals Visited Aspiring Journalists
Local media professionals visited college classrooms and high school newsrooms to share their knowledge with budding journalists on News Engagement Day. Well-known VH1 video Jocky Jim Shearer also paid a visit to students at Fordham University.
5) Students Produced Videos to Keep The Conversation Going
University of Florida students and faculty shared the interesting things they learned by engaging with the news on News Engagement Day.
Student journalists at the University of Alabama took to the streets and quizzed passersby on current events.
Members of the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) Chapter at Texas A & M – San Antonio asked students if they keep up with the news and what news they had seen or read.
6) Journalism Classes at SMU and SLU Gave News Headlines a Soundtrack
Students from Southern Methodist University (SMU) and Saint Louis University (SLU) created playlists for local news stories on Spotify. The students from the two classes then held a friendly competition by evaluating each other’s work.
7) ASU Used Emojis for News Engagement
Students at the Cronkite School at Arizona State University asked their campus to describe the news using emoticons and compiled their responses here.
8) Journalism Classes Put Their ‘Selfies’ Out There
Indiana University students in Media Literacy class posed for a ‘selfie.’
Students at The University of Texas at Austin showed how they use mobile to get their news.
9) The ‘Newshounds’ Made An Appearance
Syracuse University Newhouse School was visited once again this year by four-legged friends ‘newshounds’ in honor of News Engagement Day.
10) News Engagement Day ‘Cash Cab’ in Texas
Texas State Professor Kelly Kaufhold used the popular game show ‘Cash Cab’ as inspiration for a News Engagement Day quiz show on campus. Students could test their knowledge of current events for prizes.
You can see more moments from 2015 on the NED Storify page